Synthesis, Characterization, and Modeling
Edited by Ramanan Krishnamoorti, and Richard A. Vaia
This volume highlights the unique chemical and physical aspects associated with polymer based nanocomposite materials and describes the latest fundamental and applied research in this area and possible future directions for the development of high performance materials. The two main themes of the text are techniques to manipulate inorganic morphology in the presence of polymers on the nanometer lenght scale, and physical understanding and implications to properties of surface absorbed and nanoscopically confined polymers.
ACS Symposium Series vol. 804,
Oxford University Press, 2001
An American Chemical Society Publication
256 pp.; 84 halftones & line illus; 6 x 9
1. Introduction, Richard A. Vaia, Ramanan Krishnamoorti
2. Commercialization of Polymer Nanocomposites, Jon Collister
3. PMMA Nanocomposites Synthesized by Emulsion Polymerization, Sumanda Bandyopadhyay, Alex J. Hsieh, Emmanuel P. Giannelis
4. Boron Nitride Fillers for Organic Polymer Composites, R. T. Paine, et al.
5. Surface Initiated Anionic Polymerization: Tethered Polymer Brushes on Silicate Flat Surfaces, Qingye Zhou, et al.
6. Predicting the Phase Behavior of Polymer/Clay Nanocomposites: The Role of End-Functionalized Chains, Valeriy V. Ginzburg and Anna C. Balazs
7. Carbon Black Structure and Associations in Filled Rubbers, Rex P. Hjelm
8. An Investigative Study of Polymer Adsorption to Smectite Clay: Polyelectrolytes and Sodium Montmorillonite, Robert Y. Lochhead and Cheri McConnell Boykin
9. Mesoscopic Structure of Polymer - Inorganic Nanocomposites, Richard A. Vaia, Derek Lincoln
10. Solution and Solid State NMR Spectroscopy of Nylon 6/Montmorillonite Clay Nanocomposites, Rick D. Davis, William L. Jarrett, and Lon J. Mathias
11. Studies of Organically Modified Clays by Scattering Techniques, Derek L. Ho, Robert M. Briber, and Charles J. Glinka
12. Thin Film Organically Modified Layered Silicate/Polymer Hybrid Materials, R. Limary and P.F. Green
13. Influence of Layered-Silicates on the Rheological Properties of Diblock Copolymer Nanocomposites, Cynthia A. Mitchell and Ramanan Krishnamoorti
14. Dispersion and Nucleating Effects of Clay Fillers in Nanocomposite Polymer Films, Vincent Ferreiro, Et al.
15. Molecular Simulations of Ultra-Confined Polymers: Polystyrene Intercalated in Layered-Silicates E. Manias, V. Kuppa
16. A Coarse-Grained Simulation Study of Polymer Melt Intercalation in Layered Silicates, R.K. Bharadwaj, R.A. Vaia, B.L. Farmer